Guyana minister meets with US, Britain and Canada to explore cooperation in fight against drug trafficking
GEORGETOWN, Guyana (GINA) -- The trafficking of narcotics and other illegal drugs is not unique to Guyana but rather is a hemispheric problem that has to be addressed through a collaborative approach with other countries.
Against this backdrop, Minister of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee, on Tuesday met with representatives of the United States, United Kingdom and Canada.
A similar meeting was convened approximately two years ago, when they engaged in talks of bilateral cooperation in a number of areas, particularly drug- trafficking, money laundering, and other related crimes.
Rohee said that, with this second meeting, they are seeking once again to explore ties of cooperation in the fight against narco-trafficking and added that “from Guyana’s point of view are looking for positive outcomes.”
In the past, engagements with the countries concerned have resulted in assistance in areas such as training, capacity to detect and trace firearms, detect drugs in containers, money laundering investigations and demand reduction strategies.
Monday, 02 April 2018 21:36
posted by Pay Day Loan
need money now wells fargo student loan get cash now cash now
Monday, 02 April 2018 21:29
posted by Lahwhino
These symptoms notify you that there is a toxic type of mildew in your house, and your medical professional might advise a detox method. mexico viagra viagra online canada ordering viagra online [url=http://viagra-onlinenas.com/]buy real viagra online[/url] Read More Understanding Your Stage of Endometrial Cancer Stage is the word doctors use to describe where the tumor is in your body and how far the cancer has spread. OK’
Monday, 02 April 2018 20:07
posted by Quick Loan
bad credit loans bad credit loans cash until payday bad credit loans
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
- Jamaica Government to Divest More of its Assets 0 Comment Details
- Regional Collaboration Encouraged To Boost Tourism 0 Comment Details
- As Final State of Emergency in Jamaica Expires, Citizens are Assured of a Strong Security Presence 0 Comment Details
- Jamaican Opposition MP Murdered 0 Comment Details
- Half-Million-Dollar Reward Offered for Info Leading to Capture of Jamaican MP’s Killer 0 Comment Details
- US Lifts Sanctions on Parent Company of Jamaica Alumina Plant 0 Comment Details