ICT training an important link in Jamaica-India friendship, says minister
KINGSTON, Jamaica (JIS) -- Minister with responsibility for Information, Daryl Vaz said the training of hundreds of Jamaican students is an important link in the historical chain of friendship, common heritage and aspirations of Jamaica and India.
The information minister, who was speaking at the certification ceremony of a government of Jamaica and government of India ICT programme last week, said, “This is one of the most visible forms of Jamaica and India’s bilateral cooperation.”
He applauded India’s leadership and also commended the HEART Trust/NTA which is the implementing agency for the valuable role it plays in meeting the training needs of Jamaican youths.
“It has been well recognized that ICT is a driving force and a great tool for promoting social and economic development, combating poverty and facilitating the integration of developing countries in the global economy,” Vaz said.
He urged the graduates to position themselves to use ICT to their advantage as it is here to stay.
The governments of Jamaica and India signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) in 2008 to establish an information and communication technology (ICT) centre. A US$1 million grant was given for the provision of the setting up of an ICT training laboratory. The Indian government supplied courseware and trainers from India who conducted the classes.
Wednesday, 18 October 2017 16:32
posted by MatthewNax
buy cialis money order
phone number to order cialis
cialis on line
buy cialis for cheap from us pharmacy
Monday, 16 October 2017 13:17
posted by Ronalddit
how to order cialis online safely
discount for cialis
generic cialis 2017
buy genuine cialis online
Monday, 16 October 2017 00:00
posted by DavidGot
cheap cialis in australia
cheapest cialis on the internet
cialis on line no pres
buying cialis online uk
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
- High blood pressure during pregnancy linked to higher risk of obesity in children NEW research has found that a mother's high blood pressure during pregnancy could increase a child's risk of becoming obese in later life.... 0 Comment Details
- All-Jamaican cast vie for MOBO 0 Comment Details
- Trump's rhetoric inspires Jamaican playwright 0 Comment Details
- No disrespect, says Yasus Afari 0 Comment Details
- RUBiS opens modernised service station in St Ann's Bay 0 Comment Details
- Devon House to cover own operating costs by 2020, says Bartlett 0 Comment Details