PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Tuesday January 5, 2016 – A 5.0 magnitude earthquake shook Trinidad and Tobago this morning, but there have been no reports of damage or injuries.According to the University of the West Indies’ Seismic Research Centre (SRC), it occurred at a depth of 33 km, about 62 km northwest of Trinidad’s capital, Port of Spain; 81 km northwest of Arima, Trinidad; and 103 km south of St. George’s, Grenada.It was around 10:33 a.m. that the tremor was felt across the twin-island republic.Some people living in nearby Grenada and even St. Vincent and the Grenadines also reported feeling the shaking, according to comments posted on the Centre’s Facebook Page.This is the first earthquake recorded by the SRC for 2016.
Earthquake rattles Trinidad
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Tuesday January 5, 2016 – A 5.0 magnitude earthquake shook Trinidad and Tobago this morning, but there have been no reports of damage or injuries.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Type R gets modern interpretation 0 Comment Details
- Rain ends rivalries 0 Comment Details
- KARTING SUCCESS 0 Comment Details
- The Peter principle…or lack thereof 0 Comment Details
- Unemployment numbers looking good; SMEs need the banks to step up 0 Comment Details
- Jamaicans encouraged to guard gains and work harder 0 Comment Details