GEORGETOWN, Guyana, Wednesday June 29, 2016 – A man is in police custody after he walked into the Guyana Bank for Trade and Industry, declared he was a member of terrorist group ISIS and threatened to blow up the bank if he did not get GUY$10 million (US$48,995).The incident occurred after 9:30 a.m. yesterday.Kaieteur News quoted a police source as saying that the man went to a female supervisor and handed her note which stated: “ISIS: There is a bomb in this bag. Give us $10M or we will blow up this bank.”The employee then shouted for security and guards in the bank apprehended the man.When his bag was searched, only a knife and pieces of paper were found.The man, who is believed to be mentally unstable, was handed over to police.No one was hurt in the incident.
Guyana police arrest man who attempts to rob bank in the name of ISIS
GEORGETOWN, Guyana, Wednesday June 29, 2016 – A man is in police custody after he walked into th
Published in guyana
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Spreading HIV Could Become a Crime in Jamaica 0 Comment Details
- Jamaica Not Interested in Becoming a Casino Destination 0 Comment Details
- Jamaica Government Denies Dengue Outbreak 0 Comment Details
- Police in Jamaica and Government Finally Reach Wage Agreement 0 Comment Details
- Sandals Resorts Denies Claims of Cover-up of Sexual Assaults on Guests 0 Comment Details
- Efforts Being Made to Protect the Under Threat American Crocodile in Jamaica 0 Comment Details