BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Wednesday August 10, 2016 – The Ministry of Health is investigating the cause of microcephaly in two babies delivered at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) this week. Doctors are trying to determine whether the birth defects are linked to the Zika virus or cytomegalovirus – a common virus that belongs to the herpes family of viruses – during pregnancy.But the authorities are advising Barbadians to stay calm.Microcephaly is a birth defect in which a baby’s head is ..
Babies Born with Microcephaly in Barbados: Zika Link?
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Wednesday August 10, 2016 – The Ministry of Health is investigating the ca
Published in barbados
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- St Mary High's Howell wants to dominate distance running 0 Comment Details
- Firing up a furnace in an igloo — The OAS 0 Comment Details
- Anancyism and the elusive progress or prosperity 0 Comment Details
- The chief justice affair: Who's really the boss? 0 Comment Details
- New music portal for reggae 0 Comment Details
- Theophilus Beckford: Pioneer 0 Comment Details