BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Wednesday August 10, 2016 – The Ministry of Health is investigating the cause of microcephaly in two babies delivered at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) this week. Doctors are trying to determine whether the birth defects are linked to the Zika virus or cytomegalovirus – a common virus that belongs to the herpes family of viruses – during pregnancy.But the authorities are advising Barbadians to stay calm.Microcephaly is a birth defect in which a baby’s head is ..
Babies Born with Microcephaly in Barbados: Zika Link?
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Wednesday August 10, 2016 – The Ministry of Health is investigating the ca
Published in barbados
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Chinese electric carmaker NIO eyes US$1.8b IPO in America 0 Comment Details
- Volkswagen to end iconic 'Beetle' cars next year 0 Comment Details
- Customers-first approach continues for Honda Jamaica 0 Comment Details
- Let's be absolutely clear about mental illness 0 Comment Details
- Time for UWI linkages to meet the demands of our times 0 Comment Details
- History and legacy 0 Comment Details