BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Saturday August 20, 2016 – Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler has announced an increase in a tax on bank assets, on the heels of banking institutions not passing on to customers the benefits of the elimination of a minimum interest rate.Sinckler said the 0.15 per cent increase in the Bank Asset Tax – up from 0.2 per cent to 0.35 per cent – is expected to raise an additional BDS$14.3 million (US$7.15 million) in revenue.Delivering the 2016 Budget this week, Sinckler..
Barbados Government Nudges Banks With Increased Tax
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Saturday August 20, 2016 – Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler has announce
Published in barbados
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Type R gets modern interpretation 0 Comment Details
- Rain ends rivalries 0 Comment Details
- KARTING SUCCESS 0 Comment Details
- The Peter principle…or lack thereof 0 Comment Details
- Unemployment numbers looking good; SMEs need the banks to step up 0 Comment Details
- Jamaicans encouraged to guard gains and work harder 0 Comment Details