BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Saturday August 20, 2016 – Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler has announced an increase in a tax on bank assets, on the heels of banking institutions not passing on to customers the benefits of the elimination of a minimum interest rate.Sinckler said the 0.15 per cent increase in the Bank Asset Tax – up from 0.2 per cent to 0.35 per cent – is expected to raise an additional BDS$14.3 million (US$7.15 million) in revenue.Delivering the 2016 Budget this week, Sinckler..
Barbados Government Nudges Banks With Increased Tax
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Saturday August 20, 2016 – Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler has announce
Published in barbados
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Don't sound so gleeful over crime, Mr Fitz Jackson 0 Comment Details
- It takes more than just more difficult mathematics courses! 0 Comment Details
- Legal but illogical reasoning from the chief justice of Belize? 0 Comment Details
- Holness says logistics hub initiative now materialising 0 Comment Details
- Caribbean still facing many challenges in eradicating HIV/AIDS 0 Comment Details
- UPDATE: Hanover girls chopped to death were 8 and 4 years old 0 Comment Details