BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Saturday August 20, 2016 – Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler has announced an increase in a tax on bank assets, on the heels of banking institutions not passing on to customers the benefits of the elimination of a minimum interest rate.Sinckler said the 0.15 per cent increase in the Bank Asset Tax – up from 0.2 per cent to 0.35 per cent – is expected to raise an additional BDS$14.3 million (US$7.15 million) in revenue.Delivering the 2016 Budget this week, Sinckler..
Barbados Government Nudges Banks With Increased Tax
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados, Saturday August 20, 2016 – Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler has announce
Published in barbados
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- St Mary High's Howell wants to dominate distance running 0 Comment Details
- Firing up a furnace in an igloo — The OAS 0 Comment Details
- Anancyism and the elusive progress or prosperity 0 Comment Details
- The chief justice affair: Who's really the boss? 0 Comment Details
- New music portal for reggae 0 Comment Details
- Theophilus Beckford: Pioneer 0 Comment Details