Boxing in the Rio 2016 Olympics lasted throughout the 16 days of competition from August 5-21 and was marked by both exciting boxing and controversies.There were complaints about the judging, and two fights in particular - a bantamweight contest between Michael Conlan of Ireland and Vladimir Nikitin from Russia, and a heavyweight contest between Eveny Tishchenko from Russia and Vassiliy Levit from Kazakhstan - drew the ire of thousands of boxing fans.In the bantamweight contest, Nikitin was awar..
Keen competition was the feature of boxing in Rio
Boxing in the Rio 2016 Olympics lasted throughout the 16 days of competition from August 5-21 and wa
Published in sports
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Chinese electric carmaker NIO eyes US$1.8b IPO in America 0 Comment Details
- Volkswagen to end iconic 'Beetle' cars next year 0 Comment Details
- Customers-first approach continues for Honda Jamaica 0 Comment Details
- Let's be absolutely clear about mental illness 0 Comment Details
- Time for UWI linkages to meet the demands of our times 0 Comment Details
- History and legacy 0 Comment Details