KINGSTON, Jamaica, Tuesday April 3, 2018 – The Senate has unanimously approved two motions to extend the State of Public Emergency in parts of the parish of St Catherine until July 3.All 16 members of the Senate who were present voted in favour of the Emergency Powers (No. 2) (Continuance) Resolution and the Emergency Powers (No. 2) Regulations (Continuance) Resolution. Five members were absent.The Senate’s approval follows a similar nod given in the House of Representatives on March 27...
Senate Approves Extension of State of Emergency in Jamaica
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Tuesday April 3, 2018 – The Senate has unanimously approved two motions to ex
Published in jamaica
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Government Implementing Laws to Support Jamaica’s Blue Economy 0 Comment Details
- Positive Results from Trials of Ocean-Cleaning Device 0 Comment Details
- No Illegal Connections to Jamaica Oil Refinery’s Underwater Pipelines 0 Comment Details
- Jamaica Government Investing in Deep Seabed Mining 0 Comment Details
- Tax Break: Government Relieving Jamaicans of $14 Billion Tax Burden 0 Comment Details
- Jamaica’s Chief Justice Promises World Standard Judiciary in Six Years 0 Comment Details