KINGSTON, Jamaica, Tuesday September 18, 2018 – Starting January 1, 2019, the Jamaica Government will be imposing a ban on the importation, manufacture, distribution and use of specific categories of plastic packaging materials.These include single-use plastic carrier/shopping bags; expanded polystyrene foam, commonly referred to as Styrofoam; and plastic drinking straws.Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation, Daryl Vaz, who made the disclosure at a pre..
Jamaica Gov’t Banning Single-Use Plastic Bags, Plastic Straws and Styrofoam
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Tuesday September 18, 2018 – Starting January 1, 2019, the Jamaica Government
Published in jamaica
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Jamaica Government to Divest More of its Assets 0 Comment Details
- Regional Collaboration Encouraged To Boost Tourism 0 Comment Details
- As Final State of Emergency in Jamaica Expires, Citizens are Assured of a Strong Security Presence 0 Comment Details
- Jamaican Opposition MP Murdered 0 Comment Details
- Half-Million-Dollar Reward Offered for Info Leading to Capture of Jamaican MP’s Killer 0 Comment Details
- US Lifts Sanctions on Parent Company of Jamaica Alumina Plant 0 Comment Details