KINGSTON, Jamaica, Monday September 17, 2018 – The Earthquake Unit at the University of the West Indies Mona Campus reported that Jamaica experienced what it described as a “light earthquake” yesterday.The 4.6 magnitude quake occurred around 1:47 p.m. local time at a focal depth of 23.1 kilometres.The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management (ODPEM) said the earthquake was reportedly felt in the parishes of St. Elizabeth, Clarendon, Trelawny, St. Catherine, St. Mary, Kingst..
Jamaica Experiences ‘Light’ Earthquake
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Monday September 17, 2018 – The Earthquake Unit at the University of the West I
Published in jamaica
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Jamaica Government to Divest More of its Assets 0 Comment Details
- Regional Collaboration Encouraged To Boost Tourism 0 Comment Details
- As Final State of Emergency in Jamaica Expires, Citizens are Assured of a Strong Security Presence 0 Comment Details
- Jamaican Opposition MP Murdered 0 Comment Details
- Half-Million-Dollar Reward Offered for Info Leading to Capture of Jamaican MP’s Killer 0 Comment Details
- US Lifts Sanctions on Parent Company of Jamaica Alumina Plant 0 Comment Details