Public Defender Arlene Harrison Henry has reported on the appalling conditions in which she believes detainees are being held under the state of public emergency in St James. She is particularly concerned about abuse of the human rights of detainees. The police high command in charge of the area has refuted the charges. But, from all indications, it is clear that the conditions under which detainees are being held are not ideal. There is the strong suggestion that the minimum standards of care a..
States of emergency use must have an end point
Public Defender Arlene Harrison Henry has reported on the appalling conditions in which she believes
Published in jamaica
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- The coming dementia: We better 'tek sleep mark death' 0 Comment Details
- Read Across Jamaica out west 0 Comment Details
- 2727 Lounge launches 27 Reasons 0 Comment Details
- Hanover Municipal Corporation lauds efforts to stem crime in the parish 0 Comment Details
- Time we truly celebrate the 'Nightingale of Jamaica' 0 Comment Details
- Forced ripe 0 Comment Details