Public Defender Arlene Harrison Henry has reported on the appalling conditions in which she believes detainees are being held under the state of public emergency in St James. She is particularly concerned about abuse of the human rights of detainees. The police high command in charge of the area has refuted the charges. But, from all indications, it is clear that the conditions under which detainees are being held are not ideal. There is the strong suggestion that the minimum standards of care a..
States of emergency use must have an end point
Public Defender Arlene Harrison Henry has reported on the appalling conditions in which she believes
Published in jamaica
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.
Stay Connected with
- Jamaica Government to Divest More of its Assets 0 Comment Details
- Regional Collaboration Encouraged To Boost Tourism 0 Comment Details
- As Final State of Emergency in Jamaica Expires, Citizens are Assured of a Strong Security Presence 0 Comment Details
- Jamaican Opposition MP Murdered 0 Comment Details
- Half-Million-Dollar Reward Offered for Info Leading to Capture of Jamaican MP’s Killer 0 Comment Details
- US Lifts Sanctions on Parent Company of Jamaica Alumina Plant 0 Comment Details