honduras

honduras (110)

Wednesday, 09 September 2015

			
By Jeff Manning The Oregonian, Portland, Ore. PORTLAND, USA (MCT) -- Nike stunned labor activists on Monday when it announced it would pay $1.5 million into a relief fund for laid off garment-factory workers in Honduras. The Washington County company even issued a joint public statement on Monday with Central General de Trabajadores de Honduras (CGT), the union that represented the workers, voicing its concern for the employees who had been stiffed for some $2.6 million in mandatory severance payments after their…
			
By Caribbean News Now Staff BELMOPAN, Belize (GNC) -- President of Honduras, Porfirio Lobo, and a high powered team paid a brief visit to Belize, lobbying for support to regain entry in the Organisation of American States (OAS) and the Central American Integration System (SICA). Lobo was greeted by Belize Prime Minister, Dean Barrow, and Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade Minister, Wilfred Elrington. Over a year ago, Honduras's leftist President Manuel Zelaya was removed from office in a coup. As…
By Caribbean News Now Staff TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras (GNC) -- A consortium made up of Gamesa and Iberdrola Ingeniería y Construcción has received a contract to build a wind farm in Honduras, known as Cerro de Hula, a project that will have 102 MW of installed capacity. According to a press release issued by the consortium, Gamesa, which controls 76 percent of the venture, and Iberdrola Ingeniería y Construcción, which controls the remaining 24 percent, are constructing the wind farm for…
MIAMI, USA -- On Tuesday, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE ) special agents with the Office of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) in Miami arrested Martin Jesus Mendoza Perdomo, 47, a Honduran national living in Miami, who was wanted in his home country for possession of illegal firearms. ICE special agents in Miami initiated the investigation as a result of an inquiry received from law enforcement officials in Honduras and INTERPOL. Law enforcement officials in Honduras performed a search of Mendoza's…
By Ken Kaye Sun Sentinel FORT LAUDERDALE, USA (MCT) -- Tropical Storm Matthew quickly emerged in the southwest Caribbean on Thursday afternoon and was expected to strengthen into a hurricane by Sunday. At 5 pm EDT, Matthew, the 13th named storm of the season, was about 435 miles east of Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua, moving west at 16 mph with sustained winds of 40 mph. Tropical storm warnings have been issued for portions of the Nicaraguan and Honduran borders. The long-range forecast,…

Community Blog


cache/resized/553038e4df583385089d6c77e0cc787d.jpg
GEORGETOWN, Guyana
cache/resized/553038e4df583385089d6c77e0cc787d.jpg
Head of the
cache/resized/553038e4df583385089d6c77e0cc787d.jpg
by Caribbean News
cache/resized/553038e4df583385089d6c77e0cc787d.jpg
By Caribbean News

Who's Online

We have 365 guests and no members online
Template Settings

Color

For each color, the params below will give default values
Black Blue Brow Green Cyan

Body

Background Color
Text Color
Layout Style
Select menu
Google Font
Body Font-size
Body Font-family